Saturday, January 11, 2014

Loreal Butterfly Mascara and Covergirl's Bombshell Mascara Reviews

One of this things I love about the new year is all of the new drug store products that come out. I love to try out new products, especially ones from the drugstore, because the products are inexpensive and can be great quality. I have heard a couple of reviews on these two mascaras, and decided to try both of them out. 


First things first, you want to make sure you curl your lashes! This makes a huge difference in what your mascara will look like.  I use a Revlon mascara curler that you can pick up at your local drugstore. 


I tried Loreal's Lash Out Butterfly mascara first. Loreal says that this mascara will, "stretch and extend your lashes like wings." This mascara retails for $8.99. 


One of the most intriguing things about this mascara is the shape of the wand. It is different on each side. It has one side that has a normal barrel to help with volume, and the other side has longer bristles to help with the lengthening. 


One of the first things I noticed about this mascara is that it has a slight smell to it, but not as much at the Covergirl mascara. The formulation of this mascara is very wet, and so it can speck off a little on your eye, but it is VERY good at adding volume and lenghtening your lashes. I have been using this mascara every day since I bought it, and it might be one of my new favorites. I have been a huge fan of Beneftit's They're Real Mascara, but it is more expensive, retailing for $23.00. I think that this mascara gives the same effect. 


Unfortunately, I forgot to take a before lash picture, but this is the photo of my lashes after applying a couple of coats of mascara. I use the rounded side of the wand first, and then finish my lashes off with the long bristle side to really lengthen them. 


This mascara creates AMAZING length! 



The next mascara I tried was Covergirl's Bombshell Volume Mascara. This mascara contains two wands on both sides. The Step 1 side contains a wand that is suppose to give your lashes volume, and the Step 2 side is suppose to seal the volume and color of your lashes. This mascara retails for $11.99. 


I did take a before photo of my lashes before applying this mascara. 


First I started with the Step 1 side. This wand reminds me of the normal Cover Girl mascaras, such as Clump Crusher and Lash Blast mascaras. It is a fat wand with shorter bristles. This mascara formulation is a little more drying, and that was one of the things I liked about this mascara. 


After applying Step 1. 


Step 2's wand was different and contains thickening bristles compared to Step 1. 


After applying Step 2. 


I didn't see too much of a difference after applying Step 2 to my lashes. One of the things that I did not like about this mascara was the smell of it. Butterfly contains a smell, but this mascara has a very strong scent from the minute it is opened. 

Cover Girl's Bombshell on the left, and Loreal's Butterfly on the right. As you can see from the photo below, there is not too much difference in the way the mascaras look on the eyes. 



Even though I think both mascaras are GREAT drugstore mascaras, I would definitely recommend Loreal's Butterfly mascara over Covergirl's Bombshell. I have implemented this mascara into my daily make up routine, and have really been loving it. If you are looking for a dupe for Benefit's They're Real Mascara, definitely try this one! Loreal is known for good mascaras, and the Loreal Voluminous mascara will always be one of my favorites. But, it was definitely time to try something new from Loreal, and I am very satisfied with this product. 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Until next time, 

Always Remember to Sparkle, 

Ally 

No comments:

Post a Comment