Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Current Nightly Skin Care Routine


Hello Everyone! 

If you are like me, I love reading about a person's morning and nightly skin care routines. By doing this, I discover new products and also gain tips from other people on how to take care of my skin. As I have said previously, ever since I turned 21, my cheeks have decided to act up and break out! I don't get acne all over my cheeks, but more of a few big pimples in random places. The bad thing about these big pimples is that they leave red marks (hyper-pigmentation) on my cheeks that take forever to go away! Thank goodness for good foundation and concealer. Note: If you have a pimple, PLEASE, do NOT POP IT. This will only make the scarring and redness WORSE. 

Tonight when I went to do my nightly skin care routine, I decided that I would share it with you guys! Now, this routine might seem a little long and tedious and many people probably do not spend this much time on their face, but I try to take very good care of my skin! Of course, I do have those nights where I am so tired and all I do is rub a make-up remover wipe all over my face and go to bed. This is okay to do every once in a while, but try not to do it all the time (unless you won the genetic lottery and have perfect skin.. which everyone has those friends... :) ). 

Okay, so for my night time skin care routine.

My Current Nightly Skin Care Routine 



First and foremost, I wash my hands! I don't want any bacteria to touch my face, so wash wash wash! 

1. Maybelline's Clean Express Make-up Remover Lotion

I start with removing my eye make-up. I massage this lotion all over my eyelids, eyelashes, and eyebrows. I hold a cotton round (picture number 3) over the eyeball and press onto the eyelid and massage the cotton pad over the eyelid. 

2. Walgreen's Exfoliating Cotton Rounds

I love to use these cotton rounds to remove my eye make-up and apply toner. I like the exfoliating pads because they pick up dirt and grime easier than a regular cotton ball. 


3. Simple Make-up Eye Make-up Remover Pads

After I use the lotion (step number 1), I take these eye-makeup remover pads to remove any leftover makeup that was not removed in the first previous steps. 

4. Pond's Cold Cream 

I discovered this trick from a fellow beauty blogger, DulceCandy, and decided to give it a shot! To remove my face make-up I massage this cream all over my face and remove it with the Kleenex Hand Towels. This is so gentle on my face and feels very moisturizing. I love this step. 


5. Kleenex Hand Towels

I am SO OBSESSED with these. These are great to use when washing your face, because you can use a new one every time and won't contaminate your face with a dirty towel! I use these all the time! I use them to remove the cold cream and to dry off my face after washing.


6. CVS Night Time Make-up Remover Wipes

These are the make-up remover wipes that I am using this month. I switch these up all the time. I really haven't found any that I have never liked. These are suppose to be comparable to the Neutrogena brand. This is very soothing and smell great! I use these after I use the cold cream just to be 100% sure that all of my face make-up is removed. 


7. Obagi Cleanser

Along with make-up remover wipes, I also switch up my nightly facial cleanser often. I have been using the Obagi facial cleanser with my Clarisonic, currently. 


8. Clarisonic

If you don't have one of these, GO GET ONE! I love love the Clarisonic. Yes, it is expensive, but WORTH IT. I have been using this with the Obagi cleanser. One of the major reasons I use the Clarisonic is to try and help with my hyper-pigmentation. Like I said above, the acne that I get on my cheeks takes forever to completely clear up...meaning all redness gone. 

9. Apple Cider Vinegar

I want to do a post on "natural beauty," meaning natural products that you can use to clean your face. I have been reading a lot about natural products that you can use on your face, skin, hair, etc..and have been wanting to try them! One of the natural products that I have been currently using is Apple Cider Vinegar. This stuff is suppose to be a cure all for a lot of things (I posted a link in a previous blog about all the effects), but I have been using it as a toner after I wash my face. 

10. Cetaphil

I love using Cetaphil for a nightly moisturizer. My skin can get very dry, so I use a ton of this stuff on my face at night. It is very gentle and a great moisturizer for all types of skin! 

11. Avalon Vitamin C Moisturizer 

As I have said many times in this post, my main problem on my face is the hyper-pigmentation that I get on my cheeks. I read in a Good Housekeeping or Real Simple magazine (can't remember which one), the great effects that vitamin c has on your skin. Vitamin C helps to reduce the redness of your skin (which I need)! This is a thick lotion so I usually mix a small amount with my Cetaphil. Also, it smells like oranges all of your face, which is a definite plus in my book! 

12. Burt's Bees Eye Cream 

Last but not least, I use an eye cream under my eyelids and around my eyes. I really like this one by Burt's Bees because it is very gently and does not cause any stinging around my eyes. This particular one is made for sensitive skin, and I recommend it! 

Before I climb into bed, I always apply some Aquaphor to my lips so I can wake up with soft lips and skin!

I hope this post could open your eyes to some new products to implement into your nightly skin routine. Please comment below if you have a favorite product that you use at night! 

Always remember to sparkle, 

Ally 

No comments:

Post a Comment