Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Drugstore Haul

Happy Hump Day everyone! The work weeks is half way over, so cheers to the weekend! Yesterday, I decided to check out CVS and Walgreens and see what new beauty products that they had to offer. I really just needed some shampoo and new facial cleanser, but of course, I came out with many more products! One of my favorite things to do is browse through drugstores, ULTA, or Sephora. I could spend hours looking at all of the beauty products offered. I find it very relaxing, and it is the perfect activity to do if I get stressed with school or need a study break (maybe not so great for my wallet). The great thing about CVS and Walgreens is that they usually always have deals where if you buy one beauty product, say a Revlon product, then you can get the other one half off. Walgreens also has a book of coupons kept at the front on their store that you can pick up every month, and there are always beauty product coupons in there. Anyways, enough chit-chat, let's get to the fun stuff, the haul!
Everything that I bought from CVS and Walgreens combined together. And, yes, those are BIC pens in the back that I also picked up for all the fabulous colorful note taking that I am about to be doing in about a week (ugh!). 
 BEAUTY HAUL:

1. Vidal Sasson Pro Series Color Protection Shampoo

The one thing that I really did need was new shampoo, so I decided to pick this one up and give it a try. Every time I run out of one shampoo, I usually am sick of that one and so I gravitate towards a different one. I am one that doesn't like to spend a fortune on shampoo (I have tried the super expensive brands and the dollar brands, and can never tell a difference), so I usually pick one that smells good. I have never tried a Vidal Sasson shampoo before, or at least not recently, so I decided to pick this one up. It was a lot of product for a great price, and it says that it can be used for damage protection for colored hair. The VS color Shampoo promises to, "cleanse and protect your colored hair, leaving it with a glossy shine." Now, if it does all of these things, probably not, but it smells really good and clean and that is what attracted me to it!

2. Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam

I needed a new face wash to keep in my shower and as I was browsing the shelves, this one caught my eye. Recently, my skin has been breaking out a little around my chin, so I usually go with a product that contains salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide, but I was looking for something gentle and moisturizing to use in the shower. And this stuff smells FANTASTIC. It claims to, "deep clean and detoxify while moisturizing," and contains, "fruit water extracts that helps lock-in moisture while deeply cleansing skin that feels smooth and fresh, without tightness." Sold me. I have been using this product in the shower, and have been loving it.  


3. CVS Brand Apricot Scrub

This is CVS's comparison to St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub. I have always heard great things about the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and so decided to pick up the CVS brand (exact same ingredients for a better price), to give it a shot. I am really big at trying to get the store version, Target brand, Walgreens brand, or CVS brand if offered, because I am convinced that they are usually the exact same product and could be even made in the same factory. This apricot scrub is used for blemish and blackhead control, and it, "gently removes dirt, oil, and dead skin without clogging pores." This scrub contains an active ingredient of salicylic acid, which is a type of acne medication. I am excited to use this scrub when my face is broken out or just once a week to really get down into my skin's pores. I haven't tried this product out yet, so I do not currently have an opinion. 


4. Sinful Colors Nail Polish in the color "Eva So Bright"

Loved the coral pink color and am excited to try it on my nails and toes. 


5. Sinful Colors nailpolish in "Alfresco"

This color comes off more of a bright blue in photographs, but in person it is a mixture of a lilac-blue..a little hard to explain. Walgreens was offering a deal where if you bought one Sinful Color nail polish then the next one was 50% off.. hence the 2 polishes. 



6. Jordana's Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in the color "Candied Coral" 

Jordana is a cheap brand of makeup that is sold at Walgreens (I haven't seen it at other drugstores), and I am fan of a lot of their products. I LOVE Jordana's liquid eyeliner for eyes, but have not seen these balm stains before. I first saw them while reading, Beauty Broadcast, and had to try them out. If you bought one, then you got the second one 50% off, so obviously I had to buy two! The first color is more of an everyday color, and I tried it out on my mom, and it looked amazing! It also had pretty good lasting power because it stayed on her lips throughout the afternoon and dinner. 

Candied Coral 
Candied Coral swatched on the hand
7. Jordana's Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains in Rock N Rouge

I am excited to use this to create a red lip look in the fall time. I have not tried out either of these balm stains yet, but once I do, I will do a review on the products. Very excited to use these. 
Rock N Rouge

Swatched. Sorry for the blurry photo, my camera was NOT cooperating. 
8. Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara in the color "Green With Envy" 

Maybelline has made a limited edition of mascaras that come in a variety of colors, blue, purple, green, and pink. I wanted to try out the green color (I have blue-green eyes). I haven't tried this, but will do a review on it soon.



9. Revlon's Photoready Kajal Intense Eyeliner and Brightener

Kajal is an eye liner form that delivers rich, intense color impact and can be worn on the inner rim of the eye. Inspired by ancient Egypt and Cleopatra. I love the effect that blue eyeliner gives green eyes, and the whitish color will be a great highlight to use under the brows and in inner tear duct of brow.

Swatched colors. 
10. Jordana's 12 HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencils in the colors, "Continuous Almond," and "Eternal White."  

Since Walgreens was having a deal when you buy one Jordana product, you get the other half off, I decided to try out these two neutral colors as eyeshadow bases on my eyelids.


11. Wet-N-Wild's Limited Edition Palettes in , "Hard Being the It Girl," and "To Muse and Carouse." 

Being a color lover, I was super excited to try out some of the palettes from Wet-N-Wild's limited edition, "Pop Art Craze." I picked up two of the palettes and can't wait to try out some fun looks on my eyes. The swatches I did are not the best, so to see better swatches, head over to this post by Beauty Broadcast





Swatched colors of "Hard Being an It Girl." Hard to see the lightest eyelid shade (left), but hopefully over the top of an eyeshadow base, it will be more apparent. I think the blue color will be pretty in the crease of the eye or to line the bottom lashes for a more dramatic effect. 



Swatched colors of, "To Muse and Carouse." Sorry for the terrible quality! 
I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and please comment below if you have picked something up at the drugstore that you have been loving lately or something that is new! I would love to hear about it. 

On another note, many of my friends have recently started blogs, or have been bloggers for quite some time and I thought I would post links to their blogs so you can check them out. One of these blogger's is my sister, Meggie, my main inspiration for starting a blog! The other four are friends, and each of their blogs offer unique and fun things to read. I hope you all enjoy! 

BLOGS TO CHECK OUT
1. The Thinks I Can Think -- Sister's blog 

Always Remember to Sparkle, 

Ally 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! I use the apricot scrub on a regular basis. Thanks for the tidbit about using the store brand because I've been purchasing the St. Ives brand. I've seen the off brand at Kroger & other places for $1-$1.50 cheaper. It makes my skin very soft and I rarely have breakouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can send your sister that really cool green mascara and then teach me about that Cleopatra thing... :)

    Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete