Saturday, January 4, 2014

December Favorites


December has come and gone, and it is time for a new year and new month! Below are some of the things that rocked my December. I hope everyone had a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hello 2014! 

Beauty Favorites: 

1. Too Faced Pretty Rebel Eyeshadow Palette: 
I got this palette a few days before Christmas, but considered it a Christmas present. This is a fairly new product from the cosmetic line, Too Faced. I love the mixture of colors that it contains. It has some neutral shades (featured on the left), and then it crosses over into some fun shades with the pink, navy, silver, and sparkle black. I have been using this palette often, and used it to create some blog post looks, including my New Years Eve look. All of the colors contain very nice pigment, and apply to the eye very nicely. 

2. E.L.F eye shadow jumbo sticks:


I have been using these shadow sticks as an eye primer before I apply my eye shadow. My favorite shade to use is the gold shade, and it creates a solid background and a little tackiness so that my eyeshadow can have long lasting power. These are available at Target and online.

3. Christian Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm:


I have heard multiple rave reviews about this lip product and received it for Christmas. This is just a lip balm (no color stain), and I have been using it to keep my lips moisturized. During the cold winter months, my skin gets SO dry, so this has been a fabulous thing to apply to my lips. It also has a very amazing rose scent, and I have very much enjoyed this product. 

4. Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C brightening sleeping facial:
Another product I have heard rave reviews about is this sleeping facial. I have a lot of hyper-pigmentation on my face and vitamin C is suppose to be great to help reduce dark spots. This product also smells like you are rubbing roses all over your face, and I use it at night before I go to bed and I have noticed that my skin feels refreshed and soft in the morning. 

5. NYX Blush sticks:

Oh. Em. Gee. Why haven't I used these blush products before? For a while, I have been the E.L.F blush train because they offer fantastic colors for a very low price. But, my mom actually picked one of these up somewhere one day and told me about them. So, the next ULTA coupon that I received, I ran to ULTA and picked up a variety of colors. These retail for $5.99, and if you go on ULTA.com they usually have coupons for 20% off items and such. I love to apply these blush sticks with my E.L.F stipple brush. 


6. NYX Butter Gloss

Another NYX product that I picked up was one of their butter lip glosses. I picked up the color, Creme Brulee, and feel in love! I don't know if all of the butter glosses smell like frosting, but this one does and I am obsessed! NYX is releasing a new butter lipstick product and I am excited to try these soon. 

Non-Beauty Favorites: 

Movies: 
I have seen a ton of movies this past December, and loved all of them! 

1. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
At first, I was not really keen on seeing this movie with my family on Christmas Day. The previews looked a little blah, but I decided to go because I like both Ben Stiller and Kirsten Wiig. The beginning of the movie started off a little slow, but after the first 30 minutes, I really really enjoyed it!! It was a really sweet story, and some of the film was shot in Iceland and Greenland and I love movies that take me to locations that I have never seen before. This is a light, family, fun movie so if you are looking for something to do on an evening or afternoon, I would recommend this! 

2. The Wolf of Wall Street

If you are okay with ALOT of nudity, strippers, hard core drug use, sex, foul language, and LEO DICAPRIO, then go see this film!! OH, and it is also over 3 hours, so be prepared for that! OH, and it directed by Martin Scorsese. SO, you already know it will be good! Although this movie has VERY VERY adult content, it was fantastic. If this is how Wall Street really is, then I will stay far far away. Leo Dicaprio is STELLAR in this film, and so is Jonah Hill. 

3. Captain Phillips
Holy cow! My target heart rate was up this entire film. AND, can we say Oscar for Tom Hanks? I mean, anything with Tom Hanks is really good, but he is exceptional in this film. This film is based on a true story about a ship captain that was taken hostage by Somalian pirates. The film is intense from the get go, and a really really good story! GO SEE IT!! 

4. Saving Mr. Banks
Another fabulous Tom Hanks film.. AND who knew Colin Farrell was in this movie?! NOT ME! This movie is about the writing of the film, Mary Poppins. Mary Poppins was written by author, P.L Travers (played by Emma Thompson who was outstanding), and this film follows her journey to Los Angeles to meet with Walt Disney (played by Tom Hanks), and all the trials and tribulations that went into making this film. I don't want to give too much away, soo just go see it! This is definitely a family film! 

On my list to still see:
-Anchorman 2
-American Hustle
-Frozen
-The Book Thief 
-Mandela 
Can I just be a movie and tv critic? I think I missed my calling! 

Music: 
1. She's Not Afraid --One Direction 
Make fun of me if you want, but I love this band. I mean who doesn't love CUTE British boys in tight pants that sing? 


How amazing is this cover of Teenage Dirtbag by 1D. Yes, I did watch the movie. No, you shouldn't judge me! 

2. Chillin' It -- Cole Swindell
3. Let Her Go-- Passenger
4. Let It Be- The Voice Rendition featuring Adam Levine and TessAnne Chin
5. Walking on Air-- Katy Perry

Random: 
1. One Line a Day Memory Book:
If you are like me, and always want to journal before bed, but then start to journal and your hand gets all tired and cramped, and so you just say forget it, THEN this book is for you! I picked this up just before the start of the new year and it is a five year memory book where you right just a couple of lines for that particular day. I am only on day 4 of it, but I have been jotting down little things of significance that happened to me that day, and it lets me reflect on the day before I go to bed, without going to bed with a ink stained (left handers problems), cramped hand. 

2. Archer Farm's Peppermint Syrup
I really love peppermint in my coffee and have told you all about my addiction to peppermint mochas at Starbucks before. I decided to pick up this coffee syrup to put into my morning coffee with a little bit of milk, and have already gone through an entire bottle! This adds a hint of sweetness and peppermint flavor to any coffee, and it is amazing. 

3. iPhone 5S:
I FINALLY JOINED THE FUTURE AND GOT AN iPHONE!!!!!!!!! Ya'll, it might have been one of the best days of my life! I have been a Droid girl up until now, and was SO FED UP with my droid and all of its problems. My upgrade finally came on December 21, and so I got the gold iPhone 5s, and it is my most prized possession. 

Books: 
1. Brain of Fire
This is the only book that I had time to read this December, and it is FABULOUS. If you are a fan of mystery diagnosis, or like to read medical type books, this is for you! It is written by Susannah Cahalan, and she goes through this mysterious disease and everything that happened to her. It is a little hard to explain the synopsis without giving anything away, but you won't regret reading it. 

Bloggers/Youtubers:
So, during the month of December, many bloggers, Youtubers, and Vloggers would have "Vlogmas," where they would tape fun things in their lives happening during the month of December. My mornings started to consist of coffee (DUH!), and watching the all of these vlogs! I loved them! Not only do these girls vlog, but they are fabulous beauty bloggers/vloggers, so you should definitely check them out of Youtube! 

1. FleurDeForce
I am so obsessed with her and her husband! They are both from England, but spent their holiday in the states. Fleur has a Youtube Channel, and also a blog that you can check out here. And check out her Youtube channel here

2. MissGlamorazzi aka Ingrid
Ingrid is a beauty vlogger from California. She has great DIY projects that she features, and also great tutorials. I always love watching her videos. Check her out here

3. TalkbeckyTalk
Becky was feature in many of Fleur's Vlogmaz videos, and this is how I discovered her. She is so funny, and also a Youtuber out of England. I want a British accent!! She is currently hosting a Youtube series called, Glamuary, so that is what I have been watching with my morning coffee this month. Check her out here!


Well, that wraps up my December favorites! Also, can I just say how excited I am that all of my shows will be starting back soon? Teen Wolf, Pretty Little Liars, Ravenswood, the Bachelor! If you watch those shows too, let's twitter talk during them! Tweet me at @acsmith20. I hope everyone is off to a great start for the month of January! Until next time!

Always Remember to Sparkle, 

ALLY 


No comments:

Post a Comment