Saturday, January 25, 2014

Depot your eyeshadows!

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone had a fabulous week! Can you believe that January is almost over?

I recently purchased two Z palettes (link here!) so that I could take all of my single eye shadows and small palette eyeshadows and put them all in one place! I own a lot of single MAC shadows, and a lot of single drugstore eyeshadows and I wanted to be able to make them into their own palette. I decided to share with you all how to 'depot' your eyeshadows, in case you want to make your own Z palette!

What you need:

  • Wax paper
  • Straightener 
  • Tweezers or knife
  • Eyeshadow
  • Z-palette 


               
Step 1:
  • Take your single MAC eyeshadows and tweezers and remove the eyeshadow from the actual pot. This is a little hard to explain via text, but you can see the line where the shadow sits in the pot. Just put your tweezers in there and the eyeshadow should pop right out. The bottom picture shows the separated eye shadow and pot.  

               

Step 2:
  • Using your straightener (I am actually using an old straightener that I don't use anymore), apply a sheet of wax paper onto the straightener and then place the eyeshadow pan onto the wax paper. Your goal is to melt the back of the eyeshadow pan and the glue that is holding the eyeshadow into the pan. I left this eyeshadow on the hot iron for about 3 minutes. 



Step 3: 
  • After you have left your eyeshadow on the hot iron for a few minutes, the back should create an indentation in the center where the plastic has melted. Using your tweezers, begin to poke and push the center hole until the eyeshadow begins to fall out. Make sure you don't touch the metal part of the eyeshadow that has fallen out, because it will be hot!


Separated eyeshadow.  
Step 4:
  • Instead of using the wax paper for the next eyeshadows, I began to just stick the eyeshadows onto the hot iron. I wouldn't suggest this unless you are using an old iron that you no longer use on your hair because some of the plastic can rub off onto the iron. 



Step 5: 
  • Z palettes supply magnets that you attach to the back on the depotted eyeshadows and then place them in the Z palette. 



Step 6:
  • After depotting my single MAC eyeshadows, I used the same technique on different eyeshadows I have from drugstores and random places. I love that now I can just grab my Z palette and all of my single eyeshadows are in one place. This also helps to de-clutter in my makeup collection! 


Thank you for reading! Until next time! 

Always remember to sparkle, 

Ally 

No comments:

Post a Comment