Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fun Night Out/ Valentine's Make-Up Look


HELLO everyone! Ever since I bought the Too Faced , "Pretty Rebel" palette, I wanted to experiment with all of the fun colors, especially the pink color. I thought that a Valentine's look or just a night out look would be the perfect opportunity to use this color. This look is full of different shades of pink, and I really liked how it turned out! Enjoy! 

First things first, the face. After applying moisturizer, and the Benefit POREfessional primer, it;s time for foundation. I mixed two of my favorite face products, Dr. Jart's Beauty Balm, and Benefit's, "Hello Flawless," foundation. 

I used a damp beauty blender (any damp sponge will do!) to apply this mixture all over my face. 


My chin area and portions of my cheeks have been acting up recently, so I used my E.L.F concealer to make sure all of my red spots were covered!


This day in particular, I had a MONSTER of a zit on my cheek and so I used my Sonia Kashuk concealer to dab over it and then blend it in with the beauty blender. You can also use the warmth of your finger to blend the concealer over problem areas. 




To conceal my under eyes, I used E.L.F's concealer and highlighter duo. 


I used the pointed end of my beauty blender to blend in this product under my eyes. 


To make sure my foundation and concealer stayed put for the night, I finished off my face with Benefit's Hello Flawless powder (all a part of my favorite Benefit kit, "How to look the best at everything."



I always finish my face powder off with a touch of tone correcting powder. This powder is the tone correcting powder from E.L.F and I concentrate it around my T-zone. 


Using my favorite Naked Basic's palette, from Urban Decay, I filled in my brows with the color, Naked 2. 



My all time favorite eyebrow gel is the Anastasia eyebrow gel. Put this on your brows, and they will stay put the entire day! 


To give my face a warm glow, I used a stipple brush and applied some bronzer to my cheeks and temples. 


Since this is an all pink look, of course you need rosy cheeks! I used a NYX stick/cream blush in the color, "Water Lily" and applied this with a small stipple brush on my cheeks. 


One of my favorite products to prime my eyelids is to use E.L.F's shadow stick in the gold color. 


To give my eyelids an overall neutral basic color, I used my "Newport Nights" Wet-N-Wild eyeshadow palette and applied the yellow color all over my eyelid. 



Taking a smaller brush, I applied the bright pink color to my eyelid, focusing on the inner half towards my nose. 



Next, using the same brush, I used the color, "Totally Fetch," from my Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette. I mean does that color not scream, AMAZING?!



To add more color, I decided to put a pop of gold on my eye. Using the color, "Instigator," from my Pretty Rebel palette, I applied this shade with a flat eyeshadow brush focusing on the out half of my eye. 



To blend the two colors together, I went back to my, "Newport Nights," palette and used the brown shade and a blender brush to blend everything together. 



For a highlight color, I used this nudey pink from the Wet-N-Wild palette. 


Finished eye color! 


Now for liner! I used Loreal's Blackbuster liquid eyeliner to line my top lash line. If you want to get really fancy, you could definitely wing this eyeliner out on the top lash line! 




For my lashes, I grabbed my new favorite mascara, Loreal's Lash Out Butterfly mascara and put a few coats of this on both my top and bottom lashes. 



What's a Valentine's look without pink lips? For my lips, I used one of the lipsticks from Maybelline's Vivid collection. I love this line of lipsticks! So pigmented, yet creamy and gorgeous! I used to NEVER wear lipstick, and hated wearing any color of my lip. Now, it is one of my favorite parts of any make up look. It can really throw an entire make up look together. Don't be afraid to be daring and wear a bold lip color on your lips!


For this look, I used the color, "Vivid Rose." 


Love the pop of the pink lips! 


Finished look! 

I hope everyone enjoyed this Valentine's look, and can use some of these tips to create your own Valentine/night out look! Until next time! STAY WARM!!

Always Remember to Sparkle, 

ALLY 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ally, found you through your sister. Love this eye look - so pretty! and I've loved going through your old posts.
    I have a question for you - my standard day look involves mascara with a light handed touch of black liner on my upper lids. even though I've tried applying powder beneath my eyes, I always find myself wiping off black mascara/eyeliner residue that creeps down during the day, giving me a under eye bag look (not attractive). any suggestions? ever had this problem? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! Thank you so much for reading! What kind of mascara do you use? Is it a really wet formulation? Clinique makes a mascara that is specifically for bottom lashes, and I haven't tried it, but I have heard great things about it! Also, the Loreal Butterfly mascara that I use has a winged out tip that I use to lightly apply mascara to my bottom lashes. Do you use a waterproof formulation? Sometimes the oil residue from your eyes and skin can cause the mascara to smudge on the bottom lashes. If you use a water proof mascara, the oil from your skin and water from eyes won't affect the mascara! If your eyeliner runs down your eyes throughout the day, try a liquid liner. I love the liquid liner from Jordana, Milani, and Loreal. These liners stay put throughout the entire day without smudging! I hope these tips will help you out! Thanks so much for reading!

      Delete