Sunday, September 1, 2013

August A-List -- Monthly Favorites!


HAPPY SEPTEMBER! I can't believe that it is already almost fall! This year is FLYING BY! August has been a good month. The beginning of the month involved a lot of babysitting for me, and then things got busy with school around the end of the month. Last night was the first TN Football game, and it was HOT...not really the game.. the weather! :) After waiting on a cab to pick us up for about 2 hours, yes, two hours, my friends and I headed to tailgate with other pharmacy students. It would have been just perfect if the temperature was about 10 degrees cooler, but we still had a great time!
Tailgating with friends from Pharmacy School
Neyland Stadium --Over 97, 000 fans in attendance! 
The game was nothing too exciting.... TN beat Austin Peay 45-0. Not only am I a TN fan.. but I am also an Alabama fan. I know, I know... how could this be?! Well, I was born in Alabama and all of my family is from there and so, therefore, I was raised an Alabama fan. Now, I root for both TN and Alabama, but when the two teams play each other.. sorry Vols, but I will be rooting for Alabama! ROLL TIDE!

Now, onto the more exciting things... my monthly favorites! Here are the things that have been rocking my month! Comment below and let me know some of your monthly favorites. I would love to hear them! 

BEAUTY FAVORITES: 

1. Benefit's They're Real Mascara


I got this mascara back in May in the birthday gift that they give you at Sephora and never tried it until now! I am so obsessed with this mascara. It is pricey for mascara, so if you are looking for something similar at the drugstore, I would always suggest Loreal's Voluminous mascara (an all time favorite!). This mascara makes me look like I am wearing false lashes. I wore this mascara to the game yesterday and was asked if I was wearing fake lashes, so obviously, it looks like this to other people too! This mascara lengthens and volumizes your lashes, giving the effect that you are wearing false lashes. The only con I will say about this mascara, is that it is a very wet formulation and if I am wearing this mascara by itself (no eyeliner), the mascara will leave some marks on my eyelid that I have to cover up with some eyeshadow. But besides that, I have been LOVING this mascara this month and will definitely continue to use it. 

2. Jordana's Twist and Shine Balm Stains 


I mentioned that I picked up two of these balm stains back in my Drugstore Haul blog, and have been using both of the colors that I got the month of August. I LOVE these balm stains. They are very comparable to Revlon's Balm Stains, but I actually like these better. And get this, they are only $2.99!!! I picked up the colors, Candied Coral (second to last in picture) and Rock N Rouge (middle red color in picture) and have been using these almost everyday. The Candied Coral is more of a day color, while the Rock N Rouge will give you a great red lip that will last you during a night out. These balm stains have serious lasting power. If I apply these onto my lips, they stay there for a few hours, even if I drink or eat something. I am definitely going to pick up more of these at Walgreens! 

3. Stila's Eyeshadow in Kitten 

I have heard beauty bloggers rave about this eyeshadow forever, so I finally decided to pick this up at ULTA the other day and give it a shot! Glad I did, because I have been wearing it on my lid all month. I have been wearing it on my eyelid, with no eyeliner, alongside my Covergirl Shimmering Sands eyeshadow palette (next favorite!), and top off the look with Benefit's They're Real Mascara. This color is a light shimmery taupe color that looks great on the eyelid, as an eyebrow highlight or in the inner corners of your eyes. Warning, it is very shimmery, so if you are not into that, then I would probably not suggest this eye color for you! 

4. Covergirl's Eyeshadow Palette in Shimmering Sands

I have had this eyeshadow trio since I can't remember when! I used to use it all the time, and recently pulled it out of my stash to use again. I have been pairing this with Stila's Kitten eyeshadow (above) everyday and love the look it gives. 

5. Maybelline's Flash Clean Express Make-Up Remover Lotion

I love using this every night before I wash my face. This is a lotion and it is a great make-up remover..especially for eye make-up! I use this mostly to get my eye make-up off because I think it is more gentle then the make-up remover wipes that sometimes seem too harsh for my eyes. I just apply a little to both my eyelids and rub the lotion of my eyes to remove all of my make-up for the day. I follow up with make-up remover wipes and then wash my face. 

NON-BEAUTY FAVORITES: 

1. Bath and Body Works Mason Jar Candles in Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Farmstand Apple 

I am SO obsessed with Bath and Body Works candles.. especially the fall and holiday scents! So, when I was in there the other week, BBW was having a deal on their mason jar candles and I picked up two scents. I burn both of these together at the same time and LOVE the smell that it gives my room. Now, I know that these candles are expensive, so I have a cheaper favorite that I have also been loving! Glade candles has made fall scents and I also LOVE the scent in Salted Caramel. 
                       
Bath and Body Works has already started putting out their fall scents (PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!) and I have a coupon starting September 9.... so I can't wait to go and pick up some of the fall candles! 

2. Green Mountain Coffee Wild Blueberry K-Cups 


Whenever I do have time to brew coffee, I have been grabbing these delicious K-cups. While brewing, they smell like fresh blueberry muffins baking in the oven. I mix this coffee with chocolate milk and no other sweetener is needed.  

3. Remington Curling Wand 

Note: The one that I own is red, but this looks exactly like it!

So, I guess this can kind of count as a beauty favorite, but anyways.. my friend, Brandi, introduced this amazing curling wand to me. It is about 20 dollars and you can find it at any drug store. I got mine at Target. I have been using this curling wand CONSTANTLY. It creates perfect curls, and the curls STAY. Like, I go to sleep and wake up and my curls are still intact. The curling wand comes with a protective glove (to protect your hand from being burnt) and 4 different heat settings. I use the highest heat setting if I want really tight curls and the lowest setting is great for creating soft curls. 

4. Television Shows 


As I said in my last blog (Friday favorites), I have been addicted to watching Teen Wolf. If you are wondering what I am doing in my down time, I am on Netflix watching that show. Besides the amazingness that is Teen Wolf (and Dylan O'Brien), I am so so sad that Pretty Little Liars had its summer finale on Tuesday! What am I suppose to do with my Tuesdays now? Well, I will get over it pretty fast because all of the fall shows starting up again! If you are wanting to know what Teen Wolf is about (besides what the title obviously tells you of course!) ...check out the Season 1 trailer below. At first, I thought this show was going to be really cheesy but after watching the first and second episode... I was HOOKED. 


                                 

5. Favorite Songs

1. Roar by Katy Perry 
2. Applause by Lady Gaga ---the first time I heard this, I wasn't so crazy about it but after watching her perform it on the VMA's last Sunday, I became a fan! 
3. Love and Affection --Matt White
4. Royals --Lorde 
5. Everything's All Right --Matt White
6. Amazing --Josh Kelly 
7. It's True Love --P!nk ft. Lily Allen
8. Best Song Ever --One Direction --- don't hate on it, it's catchy and good! 

These songs have been on repeat in my car (and head) all throughout the month of August! 

Well, there is a look at my monthly favorites. Again, please comment down below if you would like to share any of your monthly favorites, because I would love to hear about them! Here's to a great September!! 

                              

Always Remember to Sparkle, 

Ally 


No comments:

Post a Comment