Monday, September 23, 2013

Emmy 2013 Fashion



Hey everyone! Thank you for coming back to read my blog! Last night was the 2013 Emmy Awards. While I didn't really care too much about the actual awards (but shout out to Modern Family for winning Best Comedy THREE YEARS in a row), I absolutely love the fashion that goes on at the awards. Below, I will highlight some of my favorites from last night. Of course, these are my personal preferences, and you may hate some of the ones that I loved, but these were the dresses that stuck in my mind after seeing them on the red carpet. Let me know if you had a dress or fashion moment that I might have missed. I would love to hear! But first, I must share this hilarious moment from the Emmy Awards last night. I mean, could these women be any funnier? I absolutely adore both of them! They were gold hosting last year's Golden Globes! I hope they host something together again soon!



Kerry Washington wearing Marchesa. I saw during the red carpet interview that she was nervous to wear this straight from the runway dress, but I think it is FABULOUS. I love the floral detail throughout the dress, and she did it right by not wearing bold jewelry because the dress has a lot going on already.

Allison Williams in Ralph Lauren. I love the simplicity of this dress and the color looks stunning on her. You can't really tell in this photo, but she was wearing this amazing Fred Leighton jewelry on her hands. I think the hair is good for this look, because you didn't want her to do something so fancy since her dress was very basic.

 
At first when I saw Carrie Underwood step out in this dress, I wasn't so sure. It reminded me of a bridesmaid dress. But as I continued to look at it and saw more angles of the dress, I thought it was beautiful! It fits her perfectly and the jewelry that she choose to wear with it really complements the look. Her hair and makeup was also one of my favorites for the night. I love this hairstyle. Very sophisticated, elegant, yet, not too overdone.

 
Kiernan Shipka in Delpozo. Now, if someone put this on a 25 year old girl, I would have given this a worst dress award... BUT this darling actress is maybe 13 and I think it is PERFECT. It is very age appropriate and fun for her to wear to an awards show. Kiernan is quite the fashionista! Every time I see her on the red carpet, she looks great! If I was 13 years old, I would definitely rock this number!

Let's be real, Sofia Vergara could probably wear ANYTHING and look amazing. Last night she wore Lorraine Schwartz and it looked AMAZING on her. I loved the color of the dress and how she paired it with emerald stones for her jewelry.

Kaley Cuoco in Vera Wang. Love this color choice and it is a perfect fall color! I think that this color choice looks great with her coloring, and the make-up is ON POINT. I love the simplicity of her hair with the dramatic smokey eye to bring out her eye color.
Rose Byrne in Calvin Klein. I love the simplicity yet funkiness of this dress. This style looks great on her and even though the color is plain, the funky style of it makes it great! 
Sarah Hyland wearing Carolina Herrera. I saw on an interview she did with Good Morning America that she got to help design this dress with Carolina Herrera. HOW FUN. I really like how she paired the bold lips with this dress. Bold lips are definitely on point for fall make-up trends. 
Maria Menounus wearing Zac Posen. 
FUN Hair that I spotted on the red carpet.

This is Lauren Parsekia, Aaron Paul's wife ... from Breaking Bad. Love the funky twists and straggled pieces of this hairstyle.

Loved Julie Bowen's fishtail bun.

Heidi Klum's funky pony
I hope everyone enjoyed my picks for last night's best dressed at the Emmy's! Remember to comment below and tell me your favorites!

Always Remember to Sparkle,

Ally

1 comment: