Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Make Up inspired by Jennifer Lawrence

HAPPY MONDAY! 


First, I love Jennifer Lawrence. Second, how amazing is her make up on this month's issue of InStyle. Recently, I have been loving a subtle eye and a bold lip, and decided to recreate this look using some of the products I own. I think this look is great to wear to a holiday party or during the winter season. Don't be afraid of going BOLD, and wearing a bold lip. I used to hate wearing color of my lips, but a good lip color can really complete a make up look. Deep berry colors are VERY IN right now, and so I decided to go with that lip color. 

Really loving the bold lip on actress, Rooney Mara. 
1. After applying your moisturizer, I love to apply a lip balm before I start anything. Walgreens has started making their own version of the EOS lip balm, and they are in Christmas scents! This white one is in the scent sugar cookie, and it is EVERYTHING. 

2. Using my favorite bundle set from Benefit, I apply the POREfessional primer first, and then use the Real Techniques brush to apply the foundation from the kit. After all of the foundation is blended, I use the BOI-ing concealer to cover up the dark circle under my eyes and to cover any redness and hyper pigmentation that I have on my cheeks. 


3. After I apply my foundation and concealer, I use the powder from the kit to set everything. I use another Real Techniques face brush to do this. I then use my E.L.F color correcting powder and a big powder brush and go over my T-zone to make sure it is not shiny. 



4. Now, it is time to apply bronzer! Making this funny fish face down below, apply bronzer into the line that your face makes (in the pink circle). You also want to apply some to your temples and jaw line. BUT, make sure that you blend the bronzer a little onto your neck so that you don't have make up lines! I am using the Charlotte Ronson bronzer and blush palette, but only using the bronzer. I apply my bronzer with an angled brush that I purchased from Sephora. 




5. Blush time! I am using a Bombshell blush and applying it with my Real Techniques blush brush onto the apples of my cheeks.



6. Highlight! I love to use a highlighter to brighten up my face. You can apply highlighter to your cheeks, down the nose, and also in your cupid's bow above you lip. I am using The Balm's Mary Loumanizer highlight along with a Real Techniques brush. 


Finished face!
7. Brow time! I am using the Milani brow fix brow kit along wit a shader brush and spooly brush. I finish off my eyebrows with the Anastasia brow gel. This stuff is amazing! Your brows WILL NOT move after you apply this!


8. Time for the eyes! In this look, Jennifer Lawrence's eyes were pretty subtle. They had a nice smokey bronze/brown look. I am first starting off with my E.L.F gold shadow stick and applying this all over the eyelid as a base. Next, I am using my Wet-n-Wild palette by Fergie and applying two of the colors in this palette. The first color (red star) I applied all over the eyelid with the flat shader brush. The second color (blue circle) I applied in the crease of my eyelid with the blender brush. 





9. I want to make my eyes pop a little more, so I lined by bottom lash line with my E.L.F. brown shadow stick and smudged it a bit with my finger. I used the Starlocks black liner to line my water line. I did not apply any eyeliner to my top lash line. 


10. Lash time! I am using Benefit's They're Real mascara. I didn't want to apply fake lashes so this is a close second. This mascara is THE BEST! 



Eyes are complete! 

Eyes and face are complete! All that is left.. LIPS! 
11. Lips! For the lips, I used Revlon's lip butter in the color, Sugar Plum. Revlon's lip butters are GREAT lipsticks...moisturizing and very colorful. I topped off the lip butter with Revlon's lip gloss in the color, 056 Embellished.


Finished look! 
Kisses! 
On another random note, this past Friday, Lucy Hale (from Pretty Little Liars), performed at the Cotton Eyed Joes. She is coming out with a country album on January 7 and so she is traveling around the country performing small shows! She was really really good! And I want to talk to whoever does her hair. It was SO shiny!



I hope everyone has a fabulous week! Until next time, 

Always remember to sparkle! 

Ally






No comments:

Post a Comment