Wednesday, December 11, 2013

BOWdacious.

I wanted to do something fun with my hair for a tacky Christmas party that I went to this past Friday. I was thinking of what I could do, and decided to put my hair in a bow shape!


I had many people asking how I did this look, and so I thought I would share how I did it on my blog. This hair style is SO easy, and I think is a really fun look to wear to crazy holiday parties or whenever! If you try this hairstyle, I would love to see it, so share it with me! 

Bow Bun How To

What you will need: 

Rubber bands, bobby pins, brush, and hairspray 

Step 1: 

Put your hair into a high pony tail on the top of your head.


Step 2: 

Taking a second rubber band, put your pony tail into a "backwards" bun with the majority of the hair to the front on the head. 


Step 3: 

Taking the excess hair, split the bun, and pin the hair in between the split hair to the back of the head. 

It looks a little crazy right now! But that is why you have bobby pins!

Step 4: 


Taking your bobby pins, pin random areas to make the bow how you want in. Remember, you can make this hairstyle as neat or as messy as you want! It is totally up to you! I place a couple bobby pins on the sides and in the back for support. No bow is ever perfect, so don't worry if your bow bun isn't perfect either! Have fun with it!



Finished product! Finish with hairspray to make sure your bow bun will stay put throughout the night! 

The back on my hair. I paired my hair with some Santa antlers for an extra tacky look. 
So, I wanted to be REALLY comfy at this party and decided to wear pajamas. I took some of my Christmas pj's, tied a big red bow around my waist, paired it with some Christmas socks and my gold glitter TOMS, and VIOLA! 

Some photos from the party!




Warming up by the TV fireplace. I crack up at this picture everytime! 

Um, Santa? Such a fabulous photo bomb! 


Such a fun night! I hope you all use this super fun bun to wear to holiday parties! Thanks for reading! Until next time...


Always Remember to Sparkle,

Ally 

No comments:

Post a Comment