Sunday, December 1, 2013

November Favorites


Happy December! Has this year flown by for anyone else? I can't believe it is already December 1, and soon we will be ringing in the new year! CRAZY. I hope everyone had a wonderful November and Thanksgiving. I felt like this month flashed right before my eyes! With school, work, projects, Thanksgiving... the month was over before I knew it! I absolutely love fall and especially love the start of October, Halloween, and then all of the holidays! Hooray for christmas lights, christmas carols, candy canes, red and green m&ms (okay red and green everything!), tacky sweaters (to wear to the themed parties of course!), fresh balsam, cookies, jingle bells, ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas, Hallmark Christmas movies, and everything else that comes with the magical month of December! I had a great month, and have many wonderful favorites to share with you all! 

BEAUTY FAVORITES: 

FACE:
1. Benefit's How to Look Your Best Foundation/Concealer/Powder kit 
I picked this up during a shopping trip to Sephora with my mom during the beginning of the month. I have always heard rave reviews about the boi-ing concealer by Benefit, and heard some pretty good things about the foundation. I was already a fan of the POREfessional primer, and so I thought this little bundle would be perfect to try. I LOVE IT. After moisturizer, I apply the primer and then dab the Hello Flawless over my face and blend it in with my Real Techniques foundation brush (October favorite). I take the lighter concealer shade (top) and blend it under my eyes and then mix the two to cover any red spots or pigmentation on my face. To finish off the look, I set everything with the powder. I have been using this kit every day in November and would definitely repurchase all of the products in this kit. 
2. Wet-N-Wilds Mega Glo 
I have been super lazy with applying blush and bronzer this month, so I have been grabbing this product every morning to brighten up my face. Wet-N-Wild is a fabulously cheap and pretty good quality make-up line that is sold in drugstores. MegaGlo is a shimmer block containing some bronze shades and blush shades to be mixed all in one. I apply this to my cheeks, temples, and jaw line and have loved the glow it gives my face! This is also very similar to a product that Bobbi Brown makes, and this product doesn't cost more than 4 dollars! Bobbi Brown makes a shimmer block (shown below), that gives the same effect as MegaGlo will for more than half the price! 

3. Trader Joe's Jojoba Oil 
I have loved alternating this with my coconut oil for my night time moisturizer. I read in a magazine (I think Glamour ??), that oils are very good for your skin even if you have acne prone skin. I apply this oil all over my face and neck before I go to bed. 


EYES: 
1. Wet-N-Wild Desert Festival eye shadow palette
Another Wet-N-Wild Product! I received this eyeshadow palette in my October ipsy bag and have been using it since! I love to use the golden shade as an all over lid color and then the browns are great to darken the crease and also can be used as eyeliner. I like to dab some of the orange on the inner half of my eyelid, and the peachy shade is great for highlighting the brow bone. This palette pairs great with Stila's kitten eyeshadow (another October favorite). 

2. Starlooks eye pencil in "Obsidian"
This is another make-up product that I received in a previous Ipsy bag. My November Ispy bag had a purple color by the same make up line, but I haven't used it as much as this black one. This eyeliner is great to use use on your water line and to line your lids. I have been lining my eyelid and then taking the black color from the Wet-N-Wild palette shown above and smudging that color over it. This eyeliner is very creamy and does smudge some throughout the day, but nothing drastic. 

LIPS: 
1. Chapstick "Candy Cane" 
Shout-out to my friend, Rachel, for recommending this chapstick to me! Although it doesn't give any color to this lips, it smells AMAZING and has the right amount of tingle on the lips. It is perfect to throw in your bag to keep your lips moisturized during the cold winter months. My lips get VERY dry, and I am always grabbing this to reapply moisture to my lips during the day. I believe that this is only sold during Christmas time, so hurry and go grab yours before it is too late! 

HAIR
1. Dry Bar Detangling Brush 
This is another item that I picked up on my recent Sephora trip. My sister actually has this brush up in NY, and while I was visiting her, I used this brush ALL the time and really wanted my own. It is a detangler brush, and I use it after I get out of the shower on wet hair, or to just brush my hair in general. I feel like sometime brushing your hair is a damaging process because I will hear snaps of hair breakage left and right, but this brush detangles your hair without causing all of that damage. 

2. Turbie Twist 
This has been a favorite of mine for forever, and I just now thought of adding it to my favorites list! I always do my make up before I do my hair, so I love wrapping my hair up in this after I get out of the shower. My hair is out of my face and the water is being absorbed by the towel at the same time! If you don't have one of these gems, I would definitely add this to my Christmas list! 

NON-BEAUTY FAVORITES: 

1. Vitamin Water Zero- Lemonade 
So addicted to this drink! I know it is not as good for you as plain water, but definitely probably better to drink than a soda! 

2. Papermate ink joy 300 pens 
I love myself a good colored pen, and I recently picked these up for school and love them! If you know me, you know that my notes are always filled with multiple colors so these are perfect to use for note taking, studying, or whatever! 

3. Thanksgiving Dinner and my family's Creole Pea Recipe 
I went a little crazy with the food for Thanksgiving dinner, but I mean, it is Thanksgiving, right? Anyways, I love everything about a Thanksgiving meal, especially a recipe that has been passed down in my family, creole peas. My mom only makes this dish for special occasions and she has to make two dishes of it because it is so popular in my household! 

4. Starbucks Skinny Peppermint Mochas 

After I throughly fed my addiction of Pumpkin Spice Lattes, it was time to move on to another drink. These are delicious, and I always look forward to them every year! These have been getting me through long school days, studying, and work days! And only 100 cals in a tall skinny... I'll take it! 

5. November Movies
This should have been obvious! I have seen this movie twice now, and would see it for a third time! I LOVED IT. Can we talk about how amazing J Law is? Even if you haven't read the book, or not a huge Hunger Games fan, I would still go and see this. Effie steals the show in the beginning, in my opinion! My sister and I can't stop quoting all of her funny lines! 


Obviously, I had to go opening night! I took my best dates Brandi and CG along, and we met up with my friends Jenna, and Lindsey. 

6. November TV Shows
  • Dancing With the Stars
  • Ravenswood
  • American Horror Story: Coven 
I have been slacking on my television watching for the month of November.. I know, I know, craziness! But, these are the three shows that I have been sure to catch up on or watch live! Dancing with the Stars and AHS: Coven have been past favorites, but continue to capture my attention and I can't get enough. Amber and Derek's Freestyle dance was AMAZING (watch above). Ravenswood is a spin-off series of Pretty Little Liars, and although the first episode was not my favorite, the rest of the episodes were very good! Can't wait for this show to come back on air in January! AHS: Coven is still delivering fabulous story lines, but this show is NOT for the squeamish. If you are looking for shows to watch over Christmas break, head over to Netflix and catch up on Orange Is the New Black, The Following, Pretty Little Liars, or Homeland. I am going to try and marathon watch Scandal during December, because I keep hearing fabulous things about it!  


7. November Songs

1. Do What U Want (featuring R. Kelly) - Lady Gaga
2. Hard Out Here- Lily Allen
3. Talk Dirty - Jason Derulo -check out the ever so cute boys on One Direction dancing to this above :)
4. How Could I Want More- Jamie Lynn Spears --- yes, she is back and a country singer, and I actually really like this song! 
5. Counting Stars- OneRepublic 
6. The Monster (feat Rihanna) - Eminem
7. What Now - Rihanna 
8. Gypsy- Lady Gaga
9. Human - Christina Perri 
10. Timber- Pitbull featuring Ke$ha 
11. My Heart Can't Tell You Know - Sara Evans 
12. Stay the Night - Zedd featuring Haley Williams 

Well, that wraps up the things I have been loving for the month of November! I hope everyone has a fabulous start to their December. I will have more down time during December, so will definitely try to blog more! Enjoy all of the Christmas and winter activities! I have already started mine by making this gingerbread house. Definitely one of the better ones I have made! And SOOO GLAD my sister got the chance to come home for an entire week for Thanksgiving.. although it went by WAY TOO FAST. Sadly, she has to work Christmas, so I was glad I got to see her and spend time with her over this holiday! 

Until next time! 
Always Remember to Sparkle, 
Ally 








No comments:

Post a Comment