Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"Hump Day" Happenings


Hello everyone, and HAPPY "HUMP DAY!" My sister used to post something every Wednesday, titled "What's Up Wednesday," and I thought I would carry on the family tradition and do a middle of the week post! This post will just include things that are currently rocking my week. I am blogging today from sunny Florida! I am awaiting the arrival of 4 of my best friends from college and we are going to have a long girls weekend! I am SO excited! I have not seen them since September, and we all cannot wait to be reunited! SO, that brings me to my first thing that is rocking my week!

1. Life-long college FRIENDS!

Most of my friends in college were through my sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi. I was VERY fortunate to have a wonderful pledge class and made lifelong friends with many girls in my pledge class. At the end of our senior year, we all were very scared and sad because we were all moving away to different places the next year. We promised to always keep in touch, and to try to get together as often as possible. The first year was difficult for me, because I lived in Memphis, TN and the majority of the girls lived in Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina! Luckily, three of my best friends got married, and that allowed us to all get together! It is always so wonderful to be reunited with old friends, and it seems  like no time has passed and the relationships formed never fade!

Liz, me, and Amelia
The best roommates around! 
I lived with these girls my senior year of college. We all met in our sorority and easily became the best of friends! We became such a fab trio, and I loved every minute living with these girls and miss them everyday! 

During January of my senior year, one of our sorority sister's, Milan, was looking for a place to stay during the month of January. At my undergraduate college, Samford, we have a Jan. term where you can take a course or two during the month of January. I loved doing Jan. terms, because they were always so quiet and you could knock out an entire course in one month! I am so so glad that we let Milan live on our couch for what ended up being pretty much the rest of the semester, because we became the BEST of friends and remain very close! I have been bridesmaids in both Amelia and Milan's wedding. 

Milan and I getting ready for her wedding day! 


Amelia, me, Liz, and Carter (another great friend and sorority sister!) on Amelia's wedding day! 


Just typical us being silly at Amelia's wedding

Another one of my best friends from college, Farah. We were sorority sisters, roommates (for 2 years), and remain life long friends! Farah and I met my freshman year in Alpha Omicron Pi and hit it off from the moment we met. We both had the same sense of humor and loved to be silly! During our time as roommates, we would stay up until the late hours on the night just chatting about life. the future, and anything that came onto our minds. I loved our nightly chats and those will always remain a cherished memory for me! I was a bridesmaid in Farah's wedding, and we still talk all the time. We try to have monthly phone chats, and we can stay on the phone for hours catching up on life! 

Typical us, being silly! 

Junior year of college in our dorm room. 



2. Peach Park

If you are from Alabama, or ever venture down to the Gulf Coast in Florida, stopping at Peach Park in Clanton, Alabama is a MUST! I have been going to Peach Park since I have been young, and it is a staple place to stop on the way to the beach. Peach Park not only has the best peaches, it also has many vegetables, fruits, candy, jams, and ICE CREAM! My dad and I rode down to Florida together yesterday, and of course, had to stop! 




But, ROLL TIDE! 

3. Sparkling Ice

I am so obsessed with this drink. I stumbled upon these in the grocery store, because they say sparkling water, but trust me, these are SO SO good. The grocery store usually always has them for sale for around a dollar. They come in many different flavors, but my favorite is Kiwi Strawberry. 


4. The Gulf Coast 

If you have never visited the white sands of the Gulf Coast, then you are MISSING OUT. My grandparents have a condominium right on Highway 30 A right next to Alys Beach and Rosemary Beach. The area is a quaint, beautiful beach town with gorgeous crystal blue waters and white sandy beaches. Today is a particularly gorgeous day, and I am waiting for all my friends to get here! 



5. Wet-N-Wild Nail Polish

Wet-N-Wild is one of favorite drugstore makeup brands, and they also have amazing nailpolish. I own around 10 Wet-n-Wild polishes and took 1 with me down to the beach. They are the best for painting your toenails, because the brush is about the width of a toenail, and so you can basically just do one brush stroke on each toenail, and you are done! I am currently wearing Tropicana on my toes and it is the perfect shade for the summer days at the beach! 

Thank you all for reading this post, and hope everyone is having a great week! Tell me some of the things that are currently rocking your week! I would love to hear in the comment below! 

Always Remember to Sparkle, 

Ally 


No comments:

Post a Comment