Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ally's A-List for June

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog! I have been thinking about creating a blog for quite some time now, and decided to finally venture into the blogging world and make one! If you know me, I have a passion for make-up, celebrities, television (basically pop culture news), photography, art, and all things glitter! Instead of blowing up everyone's Instagram and Facebook all the time, I thought a blog would be a great way to share all of the happenings of my life. I follow many beauty and lifestyle blogs (that I will share for you all soon!) and love to get ideas on what things I should post on this blog. One of my favorite things to read on beauty blogs is a monthly favorite list. I decided that I definitely wanted to do this on my blog, and so this shall be my first post! Please comment below if you have any blog post ideas for me to do! I welcome any feedback! I hope you all enjoy this post and my blog! Alright, onto my favorites....

My Monthly Must-Haves for June:

*BEAUTY*
1. The NAKED Basics Palette by Urban Decay

I have been on rotation for Pharmacy School the entire month of June, and have been reaching for this palette every morning for a quick, complete, eye look. This palette features 5 matte shades, and one shimmer shade, Venus. I use the color “Foxy” over my entire lid. The color “NAKED2” is perfect for filling in my brows. I also mix “NAKED2” and “Faint” with a blender brush to create a little more color in the crease of my eye. The color “Venus” is the perfect shimmer highlights to use underneath your brow bone, and in the corner on your eyes to make you look more awake!

2. Rimmel "Scandal Eyes" Eye Products 


Along with Urban Decay’s NAKED Basics Palette, I have been using this Rimmel “Scandal Eyes” eye liners and eye shadow stick in place of eyeliners. I use the purple shadow stick as a top liner. It accents my green eyes very nicely, and I do not think you could go wrong with this for any eye color! I have read to use white eyeliner on the water line of your eyes to create a more awake looking eye. I found this eyeliner by Rimmel, that I love to use on my waterline. This eyeliner has a light blue tint, but comes off more white on the waterline.

3. Maybelline Vivid Lipsticks 


These lipsticks are perfect for summer! I heard great things about these lip products early in the spring and decided to purchase them. I have not regretted it! I was a little afraid of wearing a bold lip (definitely stepping out of my comfort zone), but these lipsticks look amazing on the lips and definitely complete a made up face! If I wear a bold lip, I usually wear a lighter eye look so that the lips are the star attraction of my face. Also, if you don’t feel like doing a full face, just throw on some mascara, blush, and this lipstick, and your face will be complete in no time!

4. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Sunscreen 

I am very fair skin, and prone to getting sunburnt! If you are like me, I hate wearing thick, goopy, oily, sunscreen. I also do not like the smell of most of the sunscreens on the market. Hawaiian Tropic came out with this “silk hydration” sunscreen that reminds me more of a lotion than a sunscreen. Along with containing SPF 30, this sunscreen contains ribbons of moisturizing lotion. It smells tropical, and not like most sunscreens! This formulation also comes in a spray form. I will definitely be using this for the rest of the summer!
 
 5. Bath and Body Works "Fresh Picked" Apple Body Wash 
I have discovered this amazing body wash from Bath and Body Works. Bath and Body Works has a “Fresh Picked” line that features different scents from different fruits that can be freshly picked. I love the apple scent that Bath and Body Works produces and this has so far been my perfect summer body wash!

6. Covergirl's 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation 
Like I said earlier, I was on a pharmacy rotation for the month of June, and tried to cut my morning getting ready time in any place that I could! I have heard so many wonderful things about this foundation (although I still love my Revlon Nearly Naked liquid foundation), and I decided to give this a try. This product claims to be a full coverage liquid foundation that contains SPF and also doubles as a concealer. I use this foundation in place of concealer. I dot this foundation all over my face and blend it out with my E.L.F Powder Brush (favorite number 9). So far, I have been loving this foundation to use when I am in a hurry (especially those early mornings when I hit the snooze button a few too many times)!

7. Kat Von D's 3-in-1 Shoshanna Palette 
Continuing on with my theme for June, I have been using this palette every morning to quickly bronze, blush, and highlight! This palette is perfect to grab in a hurry during the mornings to brighten up the face and add some color.

8. E.L.F's Tone Correcting Powder
If you are like me, I sweat like crazy during the summer months and it leaves my face an oily mess! I discovered this E.L.F tone correcting powder that is supposed to cut down on facial redness and shine. So far, I have loved this powder and believe that it helping to reduce shine in my T-zone and chin areas. I do use a matte powder on my T-zone before I use this powder, but I dust this powder over my entire face for a shine free look!

9. E.L.F Powder Brush 
As I have said before, I love love love the E.L.F line that is available at Target. Although this is marketed as a powder brush, I love to use this brush for liquid foundation. This brush creates a very fast way to blend foundation all while getting fantastic coverage over problem areas!

10. Real Techniques Contour Brush by Samantha Chapman
This brush was developed by a Youtube beauty guru, Samantha Chapman, and is marketed as a contouring brush. I love to use this brush, not for contouring, but for highlighting! It is the perfect brush size to apply highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones, down the center of your nose, and in your cupid’s bow.

*MUSIC*

1.     We Can’t Stop –Miley Cyrus
2.     Running Out of Moonlight—Randy Houser
3.     Come and Get it—Selena Gomez
4.     Chloe—Emblem 3
5.     Cruise—Florida Georgia Line featuring Nelly

Yes, I know many of these songs (1, 3, and 4) can be considered “teeny-bopper” songs, but they are all so catchy and perfect to listen to on long drives or walks! All of these songs are upbeat and are perfect to listen to on these beautiful summer days!

      *MOVIES* 

1.     Safe Haven

I finally rented this film adaptation of Nicholas Spark’s best-selling novel. I have been a fan of Julianne Hough since her Dancing with the Stars days, and was excited to see her acting skills in this movie. I was very impressed! I loved this story and movie. I highly recommend renting it at your local Redbox, if you haven’t seen it yet, but grab a box of tissues because it is a tear jerker!

*BEAUTY BLOGGER*

I first discovered this beauty blogger on Youtube and loved to view her videos. She recently started a blog, “Dreaming in Blush,” and I love to visit it for reviews on products, and make-up and beauty tips!

Thank you all for reading! 

Always remember to sparkle, 

Ally 




*

No comments:

Post a Comment