Monday, July 29, 2013

Brandi's 25th Birthday Party

Selena Gomez's song, "Birthday" = SUPER catchy

Hey everyone!
One of my best friend's Brandi is turning 25 tomorrow, and so this weekend I decided to throw a birthday party for her. Her only request was that, "I want to dress up like a mermaid." So, I was playing around with ideas... costume party, under the sea, etc.... and finally decided to call it "Brandi's Beach Birthday Bash." I figured that places such as The Dollar Tree and Party City would have cheap decor and such to use for the party! The party was on Brandi's apartment rooftop pool, and was a super success! Of course I had to do the guest of honor's mermaid make-up, and I also made her cupcakes (Pinterest inspired) and a birthday cake. No good party is complete without food and drinks, so we had a keg from Smoky Mountain Brewery and snack food and pizza. Overall, it ended up being a GREAT night celebrating with great friends! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDI! I hope 25 is the best year yet!

Yes, those are mermaid tails made out of chocolate. A Pinterest project success!  I used green chocolate pieces purchased from AC Moore, melted them, and placed them in a ziplock bag, cut the tip of bag and drew mermaid tails onto wax paper. Let them dry and voila! 

The seashell chocolates were made using a molding tray purchased for AC Moore. Very easy and affordable! 


The birthday girl's make-up done by me! Mermaids were my inspiration, so I decided to stay with blues, greens, and golds. The lipstick is from Maybelline's Vivids Line in the color Fuscia Flash. 

Some of the products I used on her eyes included, E.L.F's green and gold color sticks, NYX pigment eyeshadow, TooFaced Summer Eyes Kit eyeshadow, gold glitter, and black liquid eyeliner. 

Snack table

Yes, she made this herself! I was SUPER impressed! 



Gorgeous night for a party! 

Birthday girl and some of her cousins





















After the party, we decided to do a quick change and head out to the Old City to continue the fun! 

This might be my favorite photo from the night! HAHA
Thanks to everyone that came out! It was such a fun night! Until next time! 

Always remember to sparkle, 

Ally 

No comments:

Post a Comment