Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ipsy bag and Birchbox for August

Hello everyone!

Another month has come, and that means another ipsy bag and Birchbox in my mailbox! Of course, the beauty product freak that I am, I love getting these surprises in my mailbox each month and seeing what is inside! So, enough with the chit-chat, let's get started to see what is in each bag this month!

IPSY BAG: 

The theme of this month's ipsy bag is "Glamour Academy." 

Everything that came in this month's ipsy bag


1. Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream 

This product claims to be a weightless BB Cream (BB= beauty balm) that delivers a natural light to one's face. It says that it will, "perfect, hydrate, and diminish the appearance of pores, fine lines, and uneven tissue." 


BB Cream before blending

Blended out BB cream on my hand

2. Pixi Lash Booster Mascara 

The wand of the mascara 

3. MICA Beauty Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in the color "bronze" 

"Bronze" swatched on my hand

5. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in the color "Anarchy" 

I was most excited for this product in my ipsy bag because this is a new product out on the market! These lipsticks come in a variety of different colors and this lipstick promises to plump and nourish lips. This lipstick is super pigmented, as you can see by the swatch that I did. 



All the colors offered in this lipstick line

6. Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

I have heard fabulous things in the beauty world about Michael Todd's facial products. I was excited that this came in my ipsy bag, so that I could try it! This scrub is formulated using Jojoba wax beads and activated charcoal to effectively remove dead skin, impurities, and toxins. 

BIRCHBOX: 

The theme of Birchbox this month is "Finishing School." Since August is the month of school starting back, I assumed both boxes would be school related. Birchbox states that this box, "will zero in on the details: from the elegance of a handwritten invitation, to the confidence-boosting power of bright red lipstick (and they really mean bright red---see below!). Birchbox collaborated with Ann Taylor this month to bring subscribers a guide to fall's best trends. Along with everything in the box, subscribers also received coupons to use at Ann Taylor. Now, onto what is inside the box! 

Everything that came in this month's Birchbox

1. Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer

This is a face moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid and vitamin E. Birchbox also says that this can be used as a primer, is oil free, and for all face types. 
Note: Birchbox sent subscribers 2 packets

2. It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product

I was very excited to see this in the box this month, because I love these hair products! This was is specifically for dry hair and is suppose to combat brittleness and frizz. This can be used in both dry and wet hair. 

3. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick 

Stila is not kidding when they say that this is stay all day. This is a VERY pigmented liquid lipstick, that delivers a very prominent red. I don't think I could rock this as an everyday color, but would be fun to wear for a night out! 

Birchbox sent me the color, "Beso"


4. Whish Exfoliating Body Wash

This stuff smells like rubbing straight coconuts on your body--pure summer bliss! This product exfoliates skin with sugar cane and bamboo powder. 

5. Whish Hair Inhibiting Deodorant Swipes

I have never seen a product like this one, so I am interested to try it. This product says that it tackles odor and slows hair growth in one swipe under the arm. 


Everything that came in the August ipsy bag and Birchbox! 
I hope everyone enjoyed reading about the things that came in the boxes this month! I always love to see what is going to come every month! I hope everyone is having a fabulous day and, 

Always Remember To Sparkle, 

Ally


  








No comments:

Post a Comment