Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ipsy and Birchbox for September

Hello!

Sorry I am JUST now posting what I got in this month's Ipsy bag and Birchbox! I can't believe the month of September is almost over, and my favorite month of the entire year will be here! Yes, I love everything about October AND my favorite holiday, HALLOWEEN! I have had a lot of people tell me that I have got them started on getting Ipsy and Birchbox memberships, and that is amazing! I am telling you, they are such a fun gift every month! If I was to get just one, I would probably go with the Ipsy bag because I am always much more pleased with what they send me. On to the boxes!

The theme of the bag this month was, "Classic lady." The bag included things that would make you have a "classic look," ... red lips, black eyeliner, smokey eyeshadow, and big lashes! 

This bag included 4 items, including the first 3 swatchable items above. The first item, the Calyn red lip balm/tint is a gorgeous shade of red! I have tried this product on my lips, and I was very pleased! I really liked the way it looked on my lips and it had very good lasting. I am also a huge fan of the packaging! It comes with its own lip brush so you can throw this in your bag and when you want to reapply, you don't have to get your fingers messy with red product! This color is "Big Apple," and it normally retails for $19.00.

The second item, was a NYX gray eyeshadow in the color, "Charcoal." This color is the PERFECT color to create a dramatic smokey eye look. I have not tried this shadow on my eyelid, but when I swatched the color, it was very pigmented (which is good when you want to create a dramatic smokey eye look." This eyeshadow retails for $4.99. Fun fact.. Target now sells NYX products! Before, it was only available at ULTA. 

The third item is a black eyeliner by the brand, Starlooks. This eyeliner is in the color, "Obsidian." I have used this product and I really really like it! It is a creamy texture and is perfect for lining the upper lash line and my water line. The product retails for $12.00. 

The last item in this month's Ipsy bag was a mascara by Elizabeth Mott. I really like getting these bags every month, not only for all of the amazing products, but also to discover new make up brands! I have used this product, and like it. The only downfall is that it is a very wet mascara and can specks of black can flick onto the eyelids. The full size product of this mascara retails for $19.99. 



While Ipsy bag pretty much sends the same thing each month to subscribers, Birchbox mixes it up, so whatever I get might be a little different from what you would get. In my box this month...

I have used a leave-in conditioner (from a previous Birchbox), from the company and LOVED it.. but this shampoo and conditioner...not so much. I would say that the conditioner is a little better than the shampoo. These are both sulfate free products, which are very good to use on color treated hair so that the color will last longer. The shampoo does not foam when I applied it to my hair, and I just didn't like it. #birchboxfail


I have not used this yet, but this beauty polisher is suppose to "exfoliates, peels, tones, and hydrates skin all at once—and does it all without water too." I am excited to try this! 


Birchbox sent me 3 facial masks, and a green tea lotion used for the feet. I have used a facial mask like the ones above before and really liked it, so I am sure I will get use of these masks. The three facial masks that I received are a brightening mask, a hydrating mask, and a purifying mask. 

Last, but not least, the last product in this month's, Birchbox was a nail polish. This is my favorite product in this month's Birchbox. This color is a gorgeous orange-red color for fall. I have already painted my nails with this polish, and the polish stayed on really well and didn't chip for at least 5 days! The brand of this nail polish is called, Ruffian (I am not familiar with this), and this color is the color, "Fox-Hunt." 

On another fun note! ... I dyed my hair BROWN! I am calling it my "fall color." Honestly, I was sick of having to get my hair highlighted all the time (takes a good 2-3 hours), and thought that this would be a fun change! At first, I wasn't sure about it...but it is growing on me! 


Until next time! 

Always remember to sparkle, 

Ally 






2 comments:

  1. I love the brown hair! I'm back in Knoxville, lets get together sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete